Time has its unique way of expressing change and culminate into a new beginning. Though it waits for none, its aura touches everyone. It is a journey, an epitome of revolution and a symbol of hope. So the year 2017 resembles a year of hope, development, success, initiatives, revolution and the milestone of a new beginning.
The beginning of the year 2017 was marked with the event “ASCEND 2.0”, a Mega Technical Exhibition held on 21.01.2017, that marked the presence of a large number of participants from across the city, showcasing their models on the theme “Solutions for Smart City” and was judged by one of India’s eminent scientist Dr. Debanik Roy.
‘A’ GRADE BY NAAC TEAM
The next feather to CET’s success story was, receiving an ‘A’ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) on 23.01.2017, a dream that had long been aspired by every CETian who had its efforts contributed towards the college’s development.
The next set of events that the year witnessed was the Techno-Literary-Management Fest of the college “PERCEPTION 2K17”.
The three day event started from 31.01.2017 and saw the unison of a large number of students from across the city and beyond, participating in both online and offline literary and technical events such as Flash Tales, Biobuzz, India quiz, Cirkitrix, Towncraft, Brain freeze, Words worth, AD-MAD etc.
A new initiative that the college implemented this year was the successful inauguration of the second edition of CET “MODEL UNITED NATION “
, by Chief Guest Dr. Subhendu Pattanaik
(Deputy Director, Pathani Samanta Planetorium), Mr. Minakshi Prasad Mishra Sir (Faculty Co-ordinator, Literary Society), Dr. Durgesh Prasad Bagarty Sir (PIC, Students Affair), that ran parallely with the three day fest and which would not have been possible without the efforts of the 4th and 3rd year seniors.
The 3rd and final day of the fest concluded with a laughter shot from musician, film-maker and standup comedian KENNY SEBASTEIN
Following the techno-management fest, the college hosted the Cultural Fest “XTASY 2K17”, on 01.03.2017.
The fest was a cultural blend of a large no of artistic minds from all over the city. The three day event including a zeroth day saw some amazing fun events like Flash Tales, Nukkad, Neon Cricket, Bollywood (Salsa Workshop) etc from music, dance, film, fantasy and dramatic spheres.
The final day of the fest awaited the arrival of the ” Bulleya” singer AMIT MISHRA. Amongst this excitement, an amazing ramp show event by the college’s FT Department and students stole the show where Mr.Poojan Bagadia and Ms.Subha Priyadarshini were entitled the Mr and Ms Xtasy badge 2k17.
Finally a two hour show by Mr. Amit Mishra made everyone dance and groove to his tune, a day worth remembering.
HOSTEL INAUGURATION BY THE HON’BLE CHIEF MINISTER SRI NAVEEN PATTNAIK
The newly built Boy’s hostel (APJ. ABDUL KALAM HALL OF RESIDENCE) and Girl’s hostel (KASTURBA HALL OF RESIDENCE) was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of State, Sri Naveen Pattnaik on 25th October at 11 am. Guest of honours were Sanjay Kumar Singh (Vice Chancellor), Usha Devi (Minister of Technical Education), Sj. Ashok Kumar Panda (Minister of Tourism & Culture), Sj. Priyadarshi Mishra (MLA Bhubaneswar North), Bijaya Kumar Mohanty (MLA Bhubaneswar Central), Ananta Narayan Jena (Mayor), Dr. Prashanta Kumar Patra (Principal). Special thanks to all the respected teachers and faculty members.
Total 900 students can be accommodated in the newly built Boy’s and Girl’s Hostels. The hostel has developed with an excellent infrastructure consisting of all the basic facilities.
A blood donation camp was also organised on that day in Girl’s Hostel (Kasturba Hall of Residence) in association with Syndicate Bank, Cet Campus Branch. Students came to be a part of this noble cause and donated blood to save millions of lives. We were able to collect 100+ units of blood.
Every drop is precious.
Every donation is peerless.
On 27th October, 2017, at around 4:30pm, CET-B organized its very first SPIC-MACAY (Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture among Youth) event in the conference hall. The performance was given by Padmashri Ustaad F Wasifuddin Dagar, an Indian classical singer from the Dhrupad genre.
2ND ABILITY MARATHON
Congratulations to JAGANNATH NAYAK on winning the 1st prize and the PEP+ Scotty for being the Best Rider in the Physically challenged category and 2nd prize in the “2nd Ability Marathon” organized by Department of Social Security & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Govt of Odisha. A cash prize of Rs. 15,000 and a silver medal has been awarded for the same.
Way to go!!
SMART CITY CHANGER LAB RESULTS /////
Students think up smart ideas for better city life. A program was organized by Bhubaneswar Smart City Ltd and Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) in collaboration with UNFPA India to enable the students to present their ideas under city changer labs before a team of panelists. A total of 35 teams participated with their ideas, models and proposals. Cet students bagged the 2nd prize (Rakesh Das, Kaushik Sahoo, Lalit Kumar and Smruti Sagar Pattnaik).
ACHEIVEMENTS OF CLUBS
This year the college witnessed huge success in the fields of sports, dance, music and technical activities worth mentioning.
- The TDA crew bagged the 1st position in ‘prove your move’-Xtasy 2k17
- Sangrila won the 1st prize and SRDA won the 2nd prize at NLU
- Finalist in IIT Kharagpur Streets
- Sangrila 1st position – IIT Bhubaneswar
- SRDA– finalists in KIIT Streets
The technical club of CET too had major and vital contribution to the success story this year
- Four members were selected for the prestigious Google Summer of Code (GSoc 2017)
- Industrial collaboration with ESCORTS limited and Research internship
- Two members were selected for Summer Research Internship under Indian Academy of Sciences
- Runners up in National Level Hackathon conducted by Coding Blocks and Nagaro
- Four members were selected for Texas India Innovation Challenge semi finals
- A team of four selected for semi final of E-Yantra Robotics Competition by IIT Bombay
- Tanisha Pradhan and Pratyush Kumar Rout bagged the first and second position respectively in the ‘Green Diwali’ contest held by the club.
- 3rd prize in All India Open Quiz – NIT Rourkela
- IIT Kharagpur, Quiz – 1st prize (Baibaswata Jena and Kumar Sailesh Mishra)
- Tata Crucible Campus Quize – Kolkata Edition -2nd prize(Baibaswata Jena and Kumar Sailesh Mishra)
- Baibaswata Jena and Saransh Mohapatra – 1st runners up and Ronisha Das and Mukti Swaroop Pradhan 2nd runners up in Xquizzite – XIMB
- NTPC Electron Quiz – 2017 National Finalist
- Quiz on the Beach 2017 – Kolkata Regional – 2nd prize
- Mary Bucknell Trophy – Springfest 2017
- Comquest – JMC, DU(2017) – 1st Prize
- Spent Quize, Biz Quiz( Spring Fest 2017) – 1st Prize
- Ankit Jena – Awarded the 2nd Runners up prize in the ‘Dhai Akshar’ letter writing competition organised by Postal Department
- Gaurav Modi – 4th position in ellocution competition (english category) on the occasion of “Vigilance Awareness Week”
5. SPORTS CLUB
The sports club of CET has also been an active contributor to the acheivements list for the current year.
5.1 TABLE TENNIS
- Subhendu Dutta became the champion in IMI’s Sports Tournament
- Quarter finalist in MIT-Pune
- Champions in Burla, Sarang, CET, Silicon University
- Bonthu Manideep and Adi Prateek bagged 1st and runners up position respectively in Chess in IMI’s Sports Tournament
- Runners up in Engineer’s Cup
- Runner’s up in OEC
- Winner in VSSUT Cricket Tournament with Priyam Das – Man of the Series and Amit Bhuyan-Man of the Match in final
- Runner’s up in Centurian University
- Runner’s up in Engineer’s Cup with Debasis Samantray – Man of the Match in final
- Runner’s up in Engineer’s Cup and Einstein Cup
- Champions in Sarang.
- Runners-up in Engineer’s Cup in CET
6. PHOTOFACTORY CLUB
- Abhishek Mishra – 1st prize-Imageographica and 2nd prize in photostory – KIIT University
- Abhishek MIshra-1st prize-Snap It – KIIT University
- Phalguni Jena – 2nd prize – photography – IIT Kharagpur
- Phalguni Jena and Harekrishna Biswal-3rd prize-photography – NOSPLAN Convention, Amity University, Gurgaon
- 3rd prize – Videography (Phalguni and team) – NOSPLAN Convention, Amity University, Gurgaon
7. ENERGY CLUB
- Jyoti Prakash Lenka, Sidharth S. Satapathy, Snehasiddha Asanga and Swagat Shovan bagged the 1st prize at NIT Rourkela in the event Death Race as well as in the event 360 Mania held at NIT Jamshedpur.
- Sriman Ayashkant Avtar, Subhakanta Swain and Akash Ku. Pati – Winner at NIT Rourkela in the event King of Ocean.
NSS – SOCIAL AWARENESS WEEK
CET-B organized the Social Awareness Week (19th Nov – 25th Nov) in association with National Foundation For Communal Harmony.
Theme – Communal Harmony & National Integration.
The following events conducted in the Social Awareness Week :-
20th Nov – Debate Competition
21st Nov – Essay Writing Competition
22nd Nov – Poster Making Competition
23rd Nov – Sticker Distribution & Voluntary Contribution
24th Nov – Nukkad by Cultural Society
25th Nov – Mini Marathon (Run for Unity)
CET DECLARED AS AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSITY
CET got its identity being separated from CAET, OUAT with much struggle by the first batch alumni of CET & Co. But that did not last long as OUAT always treated us as ‘migrant’ or was not digesting the superiority of CET in public eye.
In 2009, CET became the constituent college of BPUT, being separated from OUAT. All of them celebrated in expectation of bright future of CET. However, it could not revived to bring its glory according to its capability.
Getting an autonomous tag was a dream come true which was long aspired by CETians. The tag represents CET as an individual unitary institute. It was an moment of euphoria for CET when we saw the notice for conduct of examination by CET itself, not by BPUT, for the students who have joined in the year 2017 (except LE students).
All the faculty members, students will successfully prove their credibility for its success. All the best wishes to inculcate a fresh dream in the minds of CETians.
Now the university can frame its own rules and regulations. This includes the quizzes, internal evaluations, semester examinations, etc. Students did not have to wait too long for the publication of results as earlier. This helps in giving the students environment which sometimes do give quite unbelievable results. It can arrange a lot of extracurricular activities, which help in all round development of an individual.
Now if you feel their needs to be a change in academic ways, then you can give your suggestion and it can be implemented as soon as possible.
VISIT TO YASODA SADAN, CUTTACK
Not only have the students of CET been actively adding stars to the success sky, but have also taken their humanity gears ahead through “UMEED” an initiative by NSS-CET-B.
This Christmas, the students of NSS-CET-B ventured upon a divine act of becoming the messengers of love in the lives of the children of Yasodha Sadan Orphanage. Indeed it has been truely said that Orphans are the most special creation of god because they have been nurtured and caressed by god himself. The bliss of their innocence and purity was worth cherishing. Being the Santa of their lives, the students of CET could never have celebrated Christmas in a better way.
Starting at around 9 am , the visit included distribution of gifts to the children, talent show,interaction session and ofcourse a lot of sefies and photographs to preserve. It was an experience beyond expression and was a small initiative towards a bigger change.
As the year ended, the strings of success strengthened further as the students of B.P
LAN and M.PLAN brought laurels to the college by winning three prizes in a row at the NOS
PLAN CONVENTION, Amity University
- 1st prize in drama
- 3rd prize in photography
- 3rd prize in short movie making
ALUMNI MEET 2K17
The Annual Alumni Meet of the Central Chapter of College of Engineering and Technology (CET) Bhubaneswar was held on December 30, 2017. Over 70 former students from across 30 batches participated in the meeting.
The event started with the lighting of the lamp ceremony by Dr Prasanta Kumar Patra, Principal accompanied by the faculty members and coordinators. Professor in charge, Alumni Affairs delivered a welcome speech for the alumni followed by a welcome song by Arpeggio. Exhibition and General Body Meeting was organized by the Zairza and Energy Club. Various matters like ” University Status of the College “ were discussed. The alumni engaged themselves in a debate regarding the failure of CET in adopting a healthy alumni culture. Fun events were also organised for our alumni like football match, cricket match, dart game and housie.
Socials (Music and DJ Show) and photoshoot were also organised for the alumni members to conclude the programme.